THE BEST TUNE-UP IN TOWN!
Precision Furnace Tune-up Benefits:
- Lower utility bills.
- Extended equipment life
- Fewer repairs, breakdowns, and improved system reliability.
- Peace of mine for you and your family.
- Increased heating capacity.
- Priority service scheduling.
Precision Air Conditioning Tune-up Benefits:
- Lower utility bills by reducing energy consumption and waste.
- Extended equipment life.
- Peace of mind for you and your family.
- Fewer repairs, and improved system reliability.
- Increased cooling capacity and efficiency
Our exclusive precise tune-up procedure includes, as needed:
- Inspect and tighten all electrical connections and terminals.
- Remove, clean, and adjust main gas burners.
- Remove, clean, and adjust ignition/pilot assembly.
- Thoroughly brush and vacuum clean the heat exchanger(s) and combustion chambers.
- Inspect heat-exchanger(s) & combustion chambers for cracks, rusting, or problem areas.
- Vacuum out blower compartment; return airdrop, and surrounding area. (NO DUCT CLEANING)
- Clean all return air grills throughout the home.
- Inspect the flue assembly and test flue gas drafting mechanism.
- Test and inspect all furnace safety controls.
- Test, record, and adjust gas pressure.
- Replace or clean standard air filters.
- Remove and clean blower motor, drive mechanism and fan assembly.
- Measure and adjust blower for correct airflow.
- Adjust all dampers and set proper blower speed(s).
- Adjust all dampers and set proper blower speed(s).
- Clean, level, test, and calibrate thermostat.
- Measure and record heating system output.
- Inspect and test thermocouple output as well as pilot safety switch.
- Measure and record electrical voltage, amperage, and component resistance.
- Inspect and test all system transformers, relays, contractors, and controls. Measure performance.
- Repair minor air leaks in plenum and return airdrop.
- Perform a complete and thorough room-by-room, electronic carbon monoxide check of the entire house.
- Advise customer on other ways to reduce energy consumption, improve safety and enhance comfort.
- Chemically clean and thoroughly wash condenser coil(s).
- Thoroughly clean or replace standard air-filter(s).
- Wash and level condensing unit for proper motor and bearing wear.
- Lubricate motor and fan bearing as well as other moving parts necessary.
- Clean and inspect evaporator coil and drain pan when readily accessible.
- Clean and inspect condensate drain lines and fittings.
- Clean, level, and calibrate thermostat.
- Adjust and thoroughly clean blower motor and fan assembly as needed.
- Inspect, tighten and test all electrical connections. This includes disconnect switch.
- Inspect all cooling system electrical wires, connectors, and terminals.
- Test system starting and running capacitors.
- Test all controls, switches, relays, transformers, contractors, motors and fans.
- Measure starting and running amperes, lines voltage, and control voltage.
- Test system-starting capabilities.
- Test system for proper airflow and air delivery.
- Inspect and adjust all safety controls.
- Monitor refrigerant (Freon) pressures and temperatures.
- Test and record super-heat and sub-cooling. Compare with factory specifications.
- Adjust Freon metering control device per factory/manufactures recommendations.
- Test and measure air-conditioning system for proper production and capacity.
- Monitor fan motors and compressor operating temperatures.
Owning, or even sometimes renting, a home in Petal, MS, requires general maintenance to keep your investment in working order. It’s really all about being prepared. Per Benjamin Franklin, “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” Maintaining your home’s systems and appliances wards off emergency situations and costly repairs while extending your equipment’s life. Take the time and money to perform general maintenance on a regular basis. Many of the maintenance services require the knowledge, skills, and tools of a professional. During the maintenance or service call, our technician will make any necessary repairs and/or alert you of a possible situation. Call Bowman Heating and Air to assist you in maintaining any of the following or to answer any questions you may have:
For furnaces an annual service tune-up and cleaning is recommended, usually performed in the fall. The purpose is to keep your system running at top efficiency throughout the season, i.e., to keep you having heat when you need it. Our technician will check and clean all the connections, controls, sensors, drains, ignitor, ducts, pipes, burners, valves, motors, thermostat(s), and smoke/carbon-monoxide detectors, and instruct you on anything you could do between our service visits. As a rule of thumb, furnace filters need to be changed every three months or as needed, which is something you can do yourself with the correct filters.
Air Conditioner Maintenance
For air conditioners, an annual service tune-up and cleaning is recommended, usually performed in the spring. Our professional technician will check and clean the connections, coils, blower components, lines, refrigerant, drain, fuses, and thermostat(s), as well as lubricate all working parts. Maintenance you can do yourself between service visits is to remove any yard debris or vegetation from the top and sides of your outdoor air conditioner unit, as well as to keep it covered with an air conditioner cover or tarp in the winter.
Heat Pump Maintenance
For heat pumps, an annual service tune-up and cleaning is recommended, usually performed in the fall, same as furnaces and boilers. Our professional technician will check and clean ducts, filters, blower, indoor coil, refrigerant, electric terminals, connections, motors, and belts, as well as lubricate all working parts. Be sure to change or clean the filter every three months or as needed. You can also clean the outdoor coils whenever they seem dirty, and keep yard debris and vegetation away from the unit.
Whole-House Humidifier Maintenance
For whole-house de-humidifiers, an annual service tune-up and cleaning is recommended, usually performed at the same time as your furnace tune-up and cleaning. Our professionals include this maintenance along with the furnace appointment. Typically there isn’t much in the way of maintenance; however, our technician will change your de-humidifier pad and clean any mineral buildup you may have (in the case of hard water). Ask our technician to show you how to dissolve the buildup on your own every few months to keep your de-humidifier working at top efficiency.
Air-Filtration System Maintenance
For air-filtration systems, regular maintenance is something your can perform on your own. Maintenance on an air-filtration system usually just means changing or cleaning the filter every three to nine months. But you should check with the manufacturer’s specific recommendations. Changing or cleaning your filter on a regular basis will ensure the best filtration for your home as well as extend the life of the system. If you need any assistance or would like to install an air-filtration system, feel free to talk with one of our professionals at Bowman Heating and Air.
Call Us at 888-555-1212
- or -
Whole-House Generator Maintenance
For generators, different aspects of the generator require monthly, biannual, or annual inspection and service, but service is typically contingent on engine hours and/or time periods used. The more hours your unit is used, the more frequently it should be serviced. Our certified professionals are happy to perform these services for you. When inspected and serviced properly, your generator could conceivably last 20 to 30 years.
Monthly it’s recommended for you to visually inspect your unit, clean the unit in a general sense, and check the oil and coolant levels and battery charger.
Biannually it’s recommended to have our professional technician inspect and service your generator’s enclosure, belts, cables, connections, oil, hoses, exhaust system, muffler, battery and accessories, air clean units, piping, wiring, control panel, and accessories.
Annually it’s recommended to have our professional technician inspect and service oil (change), filters (change), spark plugs, coolant, crankcase breather, cooling system, and for diesel-fueled units only, fuel (test) and reconditioning.
During the inspection and service, our professional technician will check and clean the inside combustion chamber, pilot, burners, logs, safety switches, glass doors or lens, wiring, and gas valve. On a monthly basis, you could inspect and service your fireplace by cleaning the glass doors and checking their bolts for door stability, check the glass-door or exterior gasket for cracks or missing pieces, and check the outside vent for debris/dirt and for tears or damage to the vent kit.
At Bowman Heating and Air, we’re here to to assist you in maintaining your home’s systems or to answer any of your questions about maintenance. Keeping your equipment in good working order allows you peace of mind to know they’ll be there when you need them. It also makes good financial sense to keep equipment serviced to help extend their life spans. Here in Petal, MS, call us at 601-582-2336 to make an appointment now.
Call Us at 888-555-1212
- or -
Air Conditioner Maintenance in Petal, MS 39465
“As usual, Kyle did a great job. He came, he fixed and even checked our A/C while he was here to make sure it was running efficiently. Bowman Heating & Air is our service company of choice.”
– Terry W.
Air Conditioning Maintenance in Moselle, MS 39402
“Your servicemen are always very thorough and polite.”
– Grace Temple C.